I am very pleased and happy to be welcoming you and your child to Trinity East Elementary School for kindergarten this school year. This is my 12th year in the district and I am extremely excited to be teaching kindergarten! I graduated from Slippery Rock University with a bachelor degree in Elementary Education and Dance. Since then I have continued my education by getting my English as a Second Language Program Specialist certification as well as a master degree in Special Education. I look forward to working with you throughout the school year.
*I have listed notes below to help you and your child start a successful school year. *
Kindergarten arrival and dismissal times are as follows:
- Class officially begins at 8:50, students are allowed in the classroom at 8:25.
- The tardy bell rings at 8:45. Students who arrive to school after 8:45 must sign in at the front desk in the office.
- Dismissal takes place at 3:20. Parent pickups will be called first. If your child is riding the bus home, he/she will remain in the classroom until his/her bus is called.
- During the first two weeks of school, please send a note with your child or message the classroom teacher on Class Dojo if you plan to pick your child up from school.
Sending students to school:
- Please be sure to send your child to school with a book bag large enough to fit a take-home folder and lunchbox. No other items are necessary. Scissors, pencils, and crayons are provided within the classroom.
- Please send an extra change of clothes with your child in a zip lock bag. Please label the bag with your child’s name and he/she will keep it at school.
- Please send in one snack item in your child’s book bag daily. If your child packs a lunch, please make sure he/she knows what food item is for snack time. Kindergarten will have snack in the afternoon for 10 minutes daily.
- Each child will be given a take-home folder. The left pocket is the Home Side. All papers in this side can be taken out and kept at home. The right pocket is the School Side. Papers in the School Side should be returned to the classroom teacher, Mrs. Biagini.
- Any written communication (notes, lunch money, etc.) should be placed in the School Side. All written communication from me that does not need to be signed by a parent or guardian will be placed on the Home Side. Please look through your child’s take-home folder every night.
- The folder will be sent home every night. I will check folders daily as soon as your child arrives.
- Monday – Library 9:30 – 10:10
- Tuesday – Technology 9:30 – 10:10
- Wednesday – Art 2:00 – 2:40
- Thursday – Physical Education 9:30 – 10:10
- Friday – Music 1:20 – 2:00
*** Please feel free to refer any questions or concerns to the teacher immediately. Class Dojo is the easiest way to contact me during the school day***
(724) 225 – 8140 EXT 4105